So, we finally got the new camp interior all dialed in and shot some pics. The best surf camp in Sumatra just keeps getting better, taking the vibe higher, and taking your comfort to the next level.
Check it out:
We’re really happy with the way the new Big House has turned out and the first bungalow is just weeks away from finishing, so stay tuned in for more pics to come…
Asu Camp Surf Club
One of the most common questions that I get about surf trips to Asu Camp is, when should I come to Asu? What is the best time of year? What is the ‘season’?…
I like to reply that April-October you have equal chance of scoring amazing Asu, it’s a surf trip, so you just have to come and see what nature delivers. I will often follow that up with the idea that if you are looking for smaller waves from moderate swells, then shoulder seasons are your best bet, March-April or September-October. If you are looking for pumping Indo waves, then June-August might be the best time.
The reality is that it’s nature’s call…
Sunday, April 22, the first big swell of the 2018 Indo season is arriving. There’s going to be solid 2-4 times overhead waves coming through at Asu for atleast 3 days in a row. Take a look at these charts:
Each season is a different season, you never know what you’re going to get, until you go!!!!
Stay tuned for pics and stories from the Hinakos…
Top 10 reasons to choose a surf trip to Asu Camp:
- The vibe in the camp is so peaceful, you will feel it right when you walk in.
- Bad roads bring good people.
- The food is so good, you will want to take chef Lili home with you.
- The view is the best on earth, straight out to the wave with a slight deviation of the neck to the west to catch the sunset.
- Folo’s laugh is from the gut and will make you smile.
- One of the most consistent swell magnets in Indo, if not the world. It’s literally never flat here.
- When Asu is pumping, there’s no where else you’d rather be.
- No roads, no shopping, no hassles, no issues, just surf at your doorstep.
- No crowds. Surf epic waves in small groups, just the way it ought to be.
- We surf 10 waves on 6 different islands, each with it’s own wind and swell conditions. It’s always offshore somewhere.
Yo, this is our first blog and we’re gonna just be poppin’ stuff up here like popcorn when we get back on Asu. We’ll be hittin’ ya with the latest in fresh news and surf reports, along with the sickest photos showing what’s really goin’ on out in paradise.
Only with Asu Camp.